SM Modellbau 3100 UniSense-E / MPX
The small powerful RC telemetry sensor measures and transmits voltage / current / power / capacity / energy / brushless speed / altitude / vario
The UniSens-E is a pure telemetry sensor especially for all electrical models. He is so small and light, but at the same time so powerful that it can be used in almost any model.
In line with our philosophy of supporting as many systems as possible, the UniSens-E also speaks the language of Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum (via spectrum adapters).
The used telemetry must be specified in the UniSens-E only once in the settings. This happens either via our PC program "UniSens-E Tool" or with the UniDisplay. When delivered, HoTT GAM is selected.
To change the settings via PC or for firmware updates, a suitable USB interface like our order no. 2550 or an existing USB connection cable as required by Jeti, Multiplex or Graupner. See also the instructions.
Without additional sensors, the UniSens-E can measure the complete drive, ie voltage, current, capacity and even the speed. As a special feature, a brushless speed sensor is already installed. To measure the speed, only a small cable connection to one of the three motor phases has to be made with the enclosed cable.
Since a barometric (air pressure) height sensor with high resolution is also integrated, a Vario with the UniSens-E is realized in addition to the height measurement.
Likewise, extensive alarms can be programmed, which are reported via telemetry via the respective transmitter.
The UniSens-E is available with different plug-in systems so that normally nothing has to be soldered. The current measuring range extends symmetrically in both directions. Thus, the pin assignment plays, so whether the battery males or females at the positive pole, no matter. The measuring direction is simply set in the setup.
All measured values of the UniSens-E can be viewed directly live via our UniDisplay and all settings and alarms can be programmed.
Whether sailor, aerobatic plane, helicopter, HLG or slowflyer, the UniSens-E can be used in almost every area due to its low weight and compact size. Of course, the UniSens-E is not only suitable for aircraft models. It can also be installed in RC boats, RC cars, etc.
With the UniSens-E you get a universally powerful universal RC telemetry sensor, which uses the possibilities of modern electronics to help you as a small helper with the handling of your RC models.
And that's what the UniSens-E can do:
- Complete measurement of electric drives with current, voltage, power, capacity, speed and altitude measurement
- integrated brushless speed sensor
- Full telemetry support for Jeti Duplex, Multiplex M-Link, Graupner HoTT, Futaba, JR DMSS, FrSky and Spektrum (via Spectrum Adapter)
- Altimeter with automatic zeroing after switching on
- barometric vario
- Current measuring range up to 140 A in both directions, voltage up to 60 V (the maximum current carrying capacity of the plug used must not be exceeded!)
- Reinforced version with 280 A current measuring range available
- Connection for receiver signal for remote control of certain functions
- Direct connection to the GPS-Logger possible for data recording in a file
- Measurement of the receiver battery voltage
- Power supply by receiver
- current status is signaled via LED
- Direct viewing of the measured values live with our UniDisplay
- Parameter settings via PC, UniDisplay and telemetry possible
- PC Software for Settings and Updates (SM UniSens-E Tool) is available here
- Free firmware updates via the PC with our USB interface (Order No. 2550) or also with existing USB connection cables as from Jeti, Multiplex or Graupner possible (the firmware file can be found here)
- Can be used almost anywhere due to its compact size and low weight
Current measuring range 140 A Version: 140 A in both directions, ie - 140 A to + 140 A.
The following exposure periods are permissible:
- 100 A unlimited
- 120 A for 1 minute
- 140 A for 20 seconds
Depending on the plug system but the limits of the plug are significantly lower!
Meaningful values are here:
- MPX green (double contact) and XT60 duration: 50 A / 20s: 70 A.
- 4 mm gold connector Duration: 80 A / 20s: 100 A
- 5.5 mm gold connector Duration: 120 A / 20s: 140 A
- 6.0 mm LMT gold connector Duration: 120 A / 20s: 140 A
- 4 mm² silicone cable Duration: 80 A / 20s: 100 A
Voltage measuring range: 0 to 60 V
- Height measuring range: 0 to 8000 m NN, when switching on is automatically zeroed
- Receiver voltage measurement: 3.8V to 10V
- Data rate: 10 Hz
- Power supply: from receiver supply via the telemetry connection "Link" (from 3.8 V up to a maximum of 10 V)
- Power consumption: approx. 25 mA
external connections: 1 connection for telemetry and power supply ("Link")
- 1 time phase connection for brushless speed measurement
- 1 time servo pulse input from the receiver
- COM connection for UniDisplay, GPS-Logger or PC
Dimensions: green MPX connector: 26 (38) x 29 x 9 mm
- yellow XT60 connector: 26 (50) x 29 x 9 mm
- 4 mm gold plugs: 26 (55) x 22 x 9 mm
- 5.5 mm gold connector: 26 (44) x 22 x 11 mm
- 6 mm LMT gold connector: 26 (42) x 22 x 11 mm
Mass: 140 A Version: 10g - 14g without cable (depending on plug system), connection cable 4g